Last Modified: May 18, 2016
Personal Information We Collect
On the Site, you may be asked to provide us with your personal information. Personal information means information that alone or when in combination with other information may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you, such as: contact data (such as your address, e-mail address and phone number); demographic data (such as your gender, your date of birth and your zip code); payment data (such as credit card, shipping and billing information); and other information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us, including, without limitation, your unique identifiers such as passwords, and information in emails or letters that you send to us.
If you are an eye care professional, such as an optometrist or ophthalmologist (“Provider”), or an individual who is authorized by a Provider to access and use the Site (“Designee”), we collect personal information about the Provider and Designee when the Provider registers to access and use the Site to review product lists and order products. The personal information about Providers and Designees that Company collects includes, without limitation, the Provider’s and Designee’s name, specialty, email address, phone number, and business postal address.
How We Use and Disclose Personal Information
Company may use personal information as follows:
- To enable you to access and use the Site.
- To contact you when you order products and to respond to your inquiries regarding products.
- To process orders which have been placed, respond to inquiries, track orders placed with Company, or to supply you with information on products that you have requested.
- To send you important information regarding the Company and our products, changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- As Company believes to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your state or country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your state or country of residence; (d) to enforce terms and conditions; (e) to protect Company operations or those of any Company affiliates; (f) to protect Company rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of Company affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow Company to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Company may disclose personal information as follows:
- To Company third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, backup, auditing services and other similar services.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Company business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As Company believes to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your state or country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your state or country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Security of Your Personal Information
Company takes reasonable precautions to ensure that personal information is kept private, and to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, Company cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below. Company assumes no liability for the loss of any personal information or any damage that may result from the loss of such information that you transmit to Company via the Site.
Non-Personal Information We Collect
By accessing and/or using the Site, you may provide us with non-personal information. Non-personal information is any information that does not reveal, on its own, your specific identity, such as: browser log data, aggregated information, and your IP addresses. While non-personal information may not necessarily identify you, if we have your personal information, we may link any non-personal information with your personal information in our records.
Company and our third party service providers may collect non-personal information in a variety of ways, including:
- Browser Log Data: When you visit the Site, whether as a Provider, Designee or a non-registered user browsing the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Browser Log Data”). This Browser Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, operating system or the webpage you were visiting before you came to the Site, pages of the Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, access times and dates, and other statistics. Browser Log Data may also include pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies, which may be used in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and email recipients, and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates.
- Cookies: The Site uses “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes.
- Aggregated personal information: Aggregated personal information does not personally identify you or any other user.
- IP Addresses: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user uses the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites.
How We Use and Disclose Non-Personal Information
Because non-personal Information does not personally identify you, Company may use and disclose non-personal information for any purpose whatsoever, including as described below. However, in some instances, Company may combine non-personal information with personal information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information as long as it is combined.
- Browser Log Data: Company uses Browser Log Data to monitor and analyze use of the Site and for the Site’s technical administration, to increase the Site’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our visitors’ needs. For example, we use this information to verify that visitors to the Site meet the criteria required to process their requests. We do not treat Browser Log Data as personal information or use it in association with other personal information, though we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information for the same purposes as stated above regarding other Non-Identifying Information.
- Cookies: Company utilizes persistent cookies to save your login information for future logins to the Site. We also utilize session ID cookies to enable certain features of the Site, to better understand how you interact with the Site and to monitor aggregate usage by users and web traffic routing on the Site. Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted from your computer when you log off from the Site and then close your browser. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions or functionalities of the Site.
- Aggregated personal information: Company may use aggregated personal information to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of our products, and to analyze and understand how the Site is used.
- IP Addresses: Company use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site. We may also use and disclose IP Addresses for all the purposes for which we use and disclose personal information. Please note that we treat IP Addresses, server log files and related information as non-personal information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
“Do Not Track” Practices
At this time, Company does not honor do-not-track signals from browsers or other consumer choice mechanisms regarding the collection of behavioral tracking data. While we collect personal information from you as described above, we do not collect personal information from you to monitor your online activities across third party websites or online services and over time (also known as behavioral advertising or interest-based advertising). We do not use or allow third parties to collect personal information from you on the Site in order to monitor your online activities across third party websites or online services and over time.
Third-Party Links on the Site
Children’s Privacy Protection
Company takes special care to protect the privacy needs of children under the age of 13 and Company does not seek to collect information about children under the age of 13. No information should be submitted to or posted on this site by users under 13 years of age. If a child under the age of 13 submits personal information to the Site, we delete the information as soon as we discover the source of the submission and do not use it for any other purpose. Company encourages parents to take an active role in their children’s use of the Internet, and to inform them of the potential dangers of providing information about themselves over the Internet.
If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. To request a notice, please submit your request to email@example.com.
Removal or Correction of Your Personal Information
If you would like to review, correct, update, delete or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, you may contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Company will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that in order to comply with certain requests to limit use of your personal information we may need to terminate your account with us and your ability to access and use the Site, and you agree that we will not be liable to you for such termination or for any refunds of prepaid fees paid by you. Although we will use reasonable efforts to do so, you understand that it may not be technologically possible to remove from our systems every record of your personal information. The need to back up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means a copy of your personal information may exist in a non-erasable form that will be difficult or impossible for us to locate or remove.
Notice to Non-US Users
As the Internet is a global environment, collecting and processing personal information may involve the transmission of this data internationally, including into and/or outside of the United States. Therefore, by communicating electronically with us you acknowledge and agree to your personal data being processed in this way.
© Copyright 2016 GSRx, Inc. All Rights Reserved.